1. How do I register for an account on www.toolstation.nl?
2. For what can I use my customer account?
3. What if I forgot my password?
4. How do I change my password?
6. Can I add a separate billing address?
7. Can I buy products on site in a branch office?
1. How do I find a product?
2. How do I determine a product’s current quantity in stock?
3. Is there a minimum purchase amount?
4. Can I save items added to my trolley?
5. How do I complete my order?
6. How do I cancel my order?
7. Can I view my order online?
8. Where can I check on the status of my order?
9. Can I place an order via e-mail?
1. How do I use a promotional code?
2. Which payment methods are accepted?
3. How does payment by iDeal work?
4. How does payment by PayPal work?
5. How does payment by pro-forma (account) work?
6. How does payment by credit card work?
7. Where do I find the card verification code or security code?
8. Where can I find my invoice?
9. Can I re-print an invoice?
1. What can I expect to pay for shipping?
2. What is your standard shipping time?
3. Which shipping service do you use?
4. Where can I have my order shipped to?
5. Can I track my order?
6. What happens if I can’t pick up my delivery?
7. Can I ship internationally?
WARRANTY, RETURN AND CANCELLATION
1. How long does the warranty on my purchase last?
2. What do I do in case of damaged goods?
3. What is your exchange / return policy?
4. What are the deadlines for return and / or exchange?
5. How do I exercise my right of withdrawal?
6. What deadline applies to a withdrawal?
1. What are cookies?
2. Is my personal data safe?
3. Is my payment data protected?
1. How do I rate products?
2. How do I rate Toolstation?
3. How do I contact customer service?
1. What is AEEA/WEEE?
2. How do I dispose of my old electrical equipment?
3. Where do I dispose of batteries?
1. Where can I obtain the registration form for a PRO-card?
2. Where can I hand in the completed registration form?
1. How do I register for an account on www.toolstation.nl?In the top right corner of our web page you will find the “Login” button. Click on the button to create an account. If you are already a Toolstation customer, you can also log in to your account by clicking on the button.
2. For what can I use my customer account?Your customer account allows you to update your personal information, create an address book for various shipping and / or billing addresses, view previous orders and place additional orders if necessary. You may also view previously ordered items, set contact preferences, sign up for our newsletter and request a free catalog.
3. What if I forgot my password?If you have forgotten your password, please click the corresponding button on the login page. After you enter your e-mail address, we will send you a link to reset your password.
4. How do I change my password?Once you have logged in to your account, click on the button “Edit details” You can change your password here, among other things.
5. How do I subscribe / unsubscribe from your newsletter and mailings?Once you have logged in to your account, select the option “Account preferences” from the dropdown menu. Here you can set your preferred contact method for the following: Catalog subscriptions / contact by customer service regarding current orders / information on order status / receiving newsletters or flyers
6. Can I add a separate billing address?Yes. To do so, please log in to your account and select the option “Address Book,” where you can add additional billing or shipping addresses.
7. Can I buy products on site in a branch office?Yes. Currently we have different branches in the Netherlands. You can find them by clicking on ‘Our branches’ in the left upper corner of the website. Products that have a Exclusive Online logo in our catalogue or on our website are not available in our branches.
Back to top
1. How do I find a product?Each of our products has its own individual item number. If you already know the item number, simply enter it in the search box on the web page to display the relevant product. If you do not know the item number, enter the name of the item you are looking for in the search box, or search under the relevant category.
2. How do I determine a product’s current quantity in stock?When you click on a product, the current quantity in stock will be listed next to the item’s number, name, packing unit and price. The stock in our branches is also available on our website. You can find the stock on every product page, you can set here the correct branche by clicking on the ‘Check stock’ dropdown menu.
3. Is there a minimum purchase amount?We do not require a minimum purchase amount. However, orders over €10,- receive free shipping. We charge a shipping fee of €5,- for orders under €10,-.
4. Can I save items added to my trolley?After clicking on the “Trolley” button, a dropdown menu at the top right corner of the page gives you the option of saving, printing, or e-mailing your current shopping cart. To open the menu, click on the button with 3 white bars at the top right of the page. If you are not yet logged in to your account, you will first be re-directed to the login page.
6. How do I cancel my order?If you want to recall or cancel an order, please contact customer service via email@example.com or 071 – 5815050.
7. Can I view my order online?Yes. In your account you will find a complete list of your orders under the “Order history” option, which allows you to print, re-order, track, or e-mail your orders.
8. Where can I check on the status of my order?In your account you may view the current status of all your orders under the option “Order history.”
9. Can I place an order via e-mail?Yes, please send the item number and quantity of the desired product, as well as an appropriate payment method. Our customer service department will promptly process your order and provide you with all necessary information.
Back to top
1. How do I use a promotional code?Open your trolley by clicking on the button at the top right corner of the page. Enter your promotional code then click “Add.” The total balance of your trolley will be reduced accordingly.
2. Which payment methods are accepted?We accept the following payment methods: iDeal / PayPal / Pro-forma (account) / Credit Card
3. How does payment by iDeal work?Once you have selected your payment method and clicked “Confirm and Pay,” you will be re-directed to the appropriate payment platform. Please follow the platform’s instructions to complete payment. After completing payment, you will receive an order number and confirmation email from us with all relevant details. The articles will be reserved for you and your order will be cleared for delivery.
4. How does payment by PayPal work?Once you have selected your payment method and clicked “Confirm and Pay,” you will automatically be re-directed to PayPal’s web page and asked to log in. Follow PayPal’s instructions. Once payment is completed, the articles will be reserved for you and your order will be cleared for delivery.
5. How does payment by pro-forma (account) work?Once you have selected your payment method and clicked “Confirm and Pay,” you will receive an order number as well as a confirmation e-mail with payment information. As soon as we receive your payment, the articles will be reserved for you and your order will be cleared for delivery.
6. How does payment by credit card work?Once you have selected your payment method and clicked “Confirm and Pay,” a new window will open. Please enter all required credit card information, then click “Make Payment” once all the data has been correctly registered. After completing payment, you will receive an order number and confirmation email from us with all relevant details. The articles will be reserved for you and your order will be cleared for delivery.
7. Where do I find the card verification code or security code?Depending on your credit card company, the code will either be the 3-digit code on the back of the card or the 4-digit code on the front.
8. Where can I find my invoice?When you log in to your customer account you can open the desired order under the “Order history” option in order to print a copy of the invoice. You should also have received an invoice by e-mail when you placed your order.
9. Can I re-print an invoice?When you log in to your customer account, you can find the desired order under the “Order history” option and re-print a copy of your invoice.
Back to top
1. What can I expect to pay for shipping?All orders of €10,- or greater receive free shipping. There is a charge of €5,- for shipping on orders less than €10,-.
2. What is your standard shipping time?We strive to deliver all orders within 24 hours. If your order is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances and we receive notice from our logistics partner, then our customer service department will contact you promptly.
3. Which shipping service do you use?Depending on the size of the articles ordered and the shipping address, packages are sent either through PostNL or GLS.
4. Where can I have my order shipped to?You may have your article(s) shipped to any address PostNL or GLS is able to deliver to. Please note opening times / business hours.
5. Can I track my order?Yes. You will find a “Track” button when you open the ‘order history’ in your account. You will also find the ‘Track’ button in the confirmation e-mail of your order.
6. What happens if I can’t pick up my delivery?If our shipping partner cannot find you at the time of delivery, they will leave a message in the mailbox and:
- – attempt to deliver your order the following working day.
- – leave a collection slip with the address of the collection site.
- – deliver the package at one of your neighbors.
7. Can I ship internationally?Orders can also be shipped to other European countries, to find an overview of the shipping costs click here: https://www.toolstation.nl/messages/delivery/.
Back to top
Warranty, return and cancellation
1. How long does the warranty on my purchase last?All purchases come with a one-year warranty. We also carry products from several manufacturers that come with an extended manufacturer warranty after product registration on the manufacturer’s website. These products are marked in our catalog, and the corresponding link is provided on our web page.
2. What do I do in case of damaged goods?If parts of your order are not delivered or arrive damaged, please contact our customer service within 48 hours of receiving the product. A representative will try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
3. What is your exchange / return policy?You may exchange or return goods free of charge within a period of 30 days, and within the scope of the statutory requirements. You can find a detailed description of our return & exchange policy here: http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/returnsandexchanges.
4. What are the deadlines for return and / or exchange?All products may be returned free of charge within 30 days. To do so, please contact customer service, or visit http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/returnsandexchanges.
5. How do I exercise my right of withdrawal?You will find more information on how to exercise your right of withdrawal, along with a standard withdrawal form, at http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/returnsandexchanges.
6. What deadline applies to a withdrawal?You may withdraw your order within 14 days of receipt of the goods. All relevant information may be found here: http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/returnsandexchanges.
Back to top
1. What are cookies?Cookies are small pieces of data, usually consisting of digits and characters, which certain websites request to store on your browser. Cookies enable these websites to differentiate you from other users. We use a small number of cookies which are essential for the proper functioning of our website. For example, they allow us to save items you have placed in your trolley. You can find more information about this topic here: http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/cookies.
3. Is my payment data protected?All areas of our web page that collect or show personal data are secured by an encrypted SSL connection. Our internal servers are further protected by firewalls and stored in a secure location. Please find more information at: http://www.toolstation.nl/messages/privacy.
Back to top
1. How do I rate products?You will receive an e-mail 2 weeks after receiving your order asking you to rate your products. Please follow the instructions and link in the e-mail.
2. How do I rate Toolstation?We welcome any feedback or criticism you may have. Shortly after receiving your order, we will send you an e-mail with a request to evaluate us on www.Trustpilot.nl. Please follow the instructions and link in the e-mail in order to access the evaluation portal. On www.trustpilot.nl you may also send an evaluation directly to Toolstation.
3. How do I contact customer service?Customer service is available Monday to Friday between 7.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8.00 a.m. – 5p.m. by calling: +31(0)71-581 5050. During office hours, it is also possible to chat online with a customer service representative. E-mails will, of course, be answered as quickly as possible.
Back to top
1. What is AEEA/WEEE?The “Afgedankte Elektrische en Elektronische Apparatuur” [AEEA] is the Dutch implementation of the European WEEE directive for the initial sale, recovery, and disposal of electrical and electronic equipment. As an initial distributor of electrical appliances, we are committed to register with the EAR (Export Administration Regulation). Our WEEE number is BPRN00521. More information on the WEEE may be found here: https://www.toolstation.nl/messages/weee.
2. How do I dispose of my old electrical equipment?The symbol of a “crossed out garbage can” on electrical and electronic devices as well as fluorescent tubes and energy saving bulbs indicates that those products fall under the WEEE, and thus are not considered normal domestic refuse. The recovery of these goods preserves valuable raw materials. Their return is free of charge at municipal collecting points. You may obtain appropriate addresses and opening times from your city or municipality. Further information on the WEEE is available at: https://www.toolstation.nl/messages/weee.
3. Where do I dispose of batteries?Batteries and accumulators contain pollutants that can harm both human health and the environment. Therefore, as primary distributors of batteries and accumulators, Toolstation manages the collection of used batteries from collection points, in our branches, as well as the professional sorting, recovery and recuperation of various materials. Find more information; https://www.toolstation.nl/messages/weee.
Back to top
1. Where can I obtain the registration form for a PRO-card?In every Dutch Toolstation store you can obtain an envelope with a registration form and the necessary SEPA-authorization forms.
2. Where can I hand in the completed registration form?The completed registration form and the necessary SEPA-authorization forms can be handed over in every Toolstation store in the Netherlands.
Back to top